New Contributors to Name Those Faces

A number of pictures added recently of Baseball and school were submitted by Ron Shupe. Thanks for the pics and we look forward to read your comments about these photos.

I will now, also be posting pictures that have been supplied by Bob Quinn. Bob has come across quite a few old photos, and he needs help to identify the poeple in those photos. He has obviously heard how good QCC readers are at placing faces.

*********

Queens County's own local historian and star of the latest episode of Ancestors in the Attic, Tim MacDonald, has recently come by some old photographs. These photos were in a collection belonging to Armand Wigglesworth. Tim now has the task of cataloguing these photos, and as you can imagine, with very little information he is trying to piece together the puzzle.

What he does know is that all the photos were taken in Queens County and all those pictured are or were locals to Queens County. He also knows that all pictures were taken between 1959 and 1962.

So armed with this information and an insatiable curiosity, CAN YOU NAME THOSE FACES?

Please click on the comments tab below the post of the picture and tell us what you know about that picture, no matter what it is. Based on all your comments, others may be able to provide a name. I will be trying to improve on the upload quality of the pics very shortly, but wated to get this new feature started. I realize that these faces are hard tp see, but you may have a copy of this photo, or were in this photo and therefore may be able to give some of the names of theothers. It would also be interesting to hear any stories about the picture thatt you may have to share.

New pictures will be posted often and the picture on Queens County Community will also change to let you know there are new pictures to check out.

Have fun and enjoy!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Liverpool Larrupers 1955

8 comments:

  1. Why don't you take the ball pictures to Mac Bowers as he should be able to tell you who the people are. Not many of the old timers left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing How I found this. I'm one of these Guys. From Left to Right.
    1st row--Jack Kubiszyn, Jack Kaiser, Danny Seaman,George Lewis, Ray Buss.
    2nd row--Ed Hadlock, Don Richards, Don MacLeod, Ron Cote, John Powers, Neil Moran.
    3rd row-- Jack Kaulback, Billy Whalen, Leo Casegrande, Jim Davins, Bob Coccodrilli, Jack Rodderham.

    I'm the guy in the 2nd row whose head sticks up above everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Team was the Halifax & District League Champions in 1955

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my father's team. Some of you I remember, like Ed Hadlock, because he had kids our age. Danny Seaman, of course, because we all grew up around and had our lives shaped by this amazing man. Old baseballs from Johnnie Fortunato or Kemal Joseph and a supply of bats kept us kids playing the sport we loved the most at Summerville. I never missed a Laurapers game and the first base line next to the dugout was my seat of choice with the occasional climb up to the box with my father but the game, you guys and hotdogs and Coke kept me close to the ground. I think your arrival at the hotel each year was one of the highlights of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad played billy rice any information please email janerice11@hot mail.com he will be 90 in may
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm aware that at least three players from the above team are still with us. Don Macleod, Ron Cote and Jack Kaiser all in their 80's MacLeod lives near Atlanta, Cote in New Hampshire and Kaiser in Queens NY.
    The rest of the players I haven't seen since Sept 1955
    R Cote

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attended many of those games in Liverpool being from neighboring Lunenburg. Jack Kubiszyn was my absolute favorite player. I later taught school with Bill Whalen and had Danny Seaman referee many junior high basketball games when I was coaching basketball. Bill Whalen died a couple of years ago from ALS. I remember Ron Cote, Ron Jirsa, Don Swanson and so many other Larrapurs. I recall Danny Seaman pinch hitting and hitting a home run. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I played two years, 1954 and 1955. I loved every minute and we had good teams. I'll be 90 in two months. Not many of us left. George Lewis

    ReplyDelete

Library